Erin Diedling, MEd, LCPC, SEP is the founder of Loft Counseling, PC and is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Somatic Touch Therapist and a Somatic Experience Practitioner which are mind-body regulation modalitites. She is passionate about treating trauma and helping her clients heal past complex trauma, eating disorders, childhood development & attachment ruptures and artists with creativity or performance anxiety. She currently practices at the cross discipline office of Dr. Harold Diaz, M.D. at HD MedSpa and Clinic along with napropath, Dr. Michael Venice, N.D.
Erin is originally from Chicago, and grew up in New Orleans. She made Chicago her home again when she pursued studies at Loyola University Chicago. She received her B.A. in English Literature and pre med studies as well as her M.Ed. in Community Counseling from Loyola University Graduate School of Education. In school she specialized in trauma studies, primary attachments in children and adult recovery from childhood traumas. She began to focus upon the interplay of trauma as it pertains to formative attachments.
Erin has been working with trauma survivors since 2002 as the counseling intern at an inner city elementary school near Garfield Park. She was published in 2002 in The American Journal of Psychotherapy “Learning the ‘Impossible Task’ of Psychotherapy”. She was also invited to join Spirit in Flight in 2003, a healing retreat for flight attendants from American and United Airlines who were directly involved in the events of 9/11.
Erin’s work has expanded to include clients who handle eating disorders, early developmental and attachment ruptures, complex trauma, career path counseling and life transitions. In addition to training interns, peer supervision and, presenting at conferences she consults and provides workshops for corporations and schools. Her focus has begun to turn towards releasing a client’s blocks to abundance. She assists her clients in creating abundance in specific realms – financial, career, family, and relationships. She describes her work as brief, focused and oriented entirely towards what her clients wish to accomplish.
Erin has had a gift for healing others since she could remember which led her to study as a psychotherapist. Erin became interested in the body-based aspect of psychotherapy in working with trauma and eating disorders. She noticed how separately the body and the psyche were approached. From there, she sought and received 5 years training in Somatic Experience therapy and bodywork techniques www.traumahealing.org . She is now an assistant in the S.E. trainings.
Erin is also trained in Internal Family Systems (IFS) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) when she joined the treatment team at The Awakening Center. IFS incorporates the physical awareness and Self Energy and DBT balances mindfulness, emotional regulation, reframing and proactive behavioral approaches to stress in the mind and body. But it seemed like there was more to the work she wanted to do. She knew that her clients with eating disorders were struggling to find freedom from attack on body mind and spirit.
In addition to traditional psychotherapy, Erin sought training to enhance her healing and psychic gifts from childhood. Erin’s curiosity about the body-mind connection led her to training in healing energy work.
She became an intuitive healer, spiritual coach and incorporates awareness of energy into her counseling work. Consciousness, energy awareness, intuition and guided imagery became a doorway to learning about consciousness, meditation, and even psychic training. She meets her clients where they want to begin.
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC)
- Somatic Experience Practitioner (SEP)
- Somatic Touch Therapist
- M.Ed. Community Counseling, Loyola University of Chicago
- B.A. English Literature and Pre Med, Loyola University of Chicago
- NeuroAffective Relational Model (NARM) student in training
- "Using Somatic Experience to Treat Eating Disorders" Roosevelt University 2015 Eating Disorders Conference 2015
- Design Your Life Experiential Workshop 2014
- Somatic Experience Trauma Healing Group Founder/Co-Leader 2014
- Mindful Eating Therapy Group Co-Leader, 2010
- Joy and Abundance Workshop Co-Leader, 2010
- Created and Led Healing for the Healers Workshop since 2009
- Meditation Instructor since 2008
- Linden Oaks Eating Disorders Professional Conference Presenter, 2008: Presenting Topic,“Impact of Vicarious Trauma Upon the Caregiver”
- ANAD Support Group Leader and Trainer, 2007-2009
- Sexual Abuse Survivors Therapy Group, 2008
- Chicago Women's Health Center: Counseling Volunteer 2003-2008
- Trauma Consultation Group, WomenCare in Evanston, IL: 2004-2006, Completed a 2 year training for trauma counselors
- Published in Journal of the American Academy of Psychotherapists: Fall 2002
On Learning the ‘Impossible’ Task of Psychotherapy”
- Spirit In Flight, Sonoma CA, 2003: Facilitated retreat for flight crews directly involved in events of September 11
If you would like to subscribe to my blogs, email updates, news and offers, please leave your email address here. Can't wait to have you onboard!